Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Writing a Novel: Quips from the Trenches

Lessons I have learned in my struggles to become a professional writer. Perhaps I will add to the list at time allows:

  1. Being a good writer is one thing: Being a great novelist is quite another.
  2.  Writing the novel is the easiest part! 
  3. If you think that proof reading is difficult (It is for me at least.) wait until you run into formatting problems.
  4. It seems like every online publisher has it's own programs, specially designed to f... up your manuscript.
  5. It's a lot easier to mess up a manuscript than it is to fix it afterward.
  6. When the first proof copy comes, it's a glorious day,. Take photos before you look inside the covers. 
  7. Not to worry, it's just the first proof copy! 
End

P.S. 
Please view my link at https://www.createspace.com/4133264, where you may preview or purchase my title, "Captains All," and ...

P.P.S. Please don't forget to "like" my page on Facebook, Google+ or your favorite social site. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment